Monday 17 May 2010

Back in the swing!

I am returning to blogging, and thank you to everyone who has viewed the blog in my absence, it really is appreciated.

I have been very busy since my last post - which I am quite shocked to see was almost 11 months ago!

In that time I was very happy to accept a marriage proposal from a certain Mr Simon Houlding and we are now engaged! Plus we have been working very hard on getting the Houlding Hands Website up and running and we are now beginning the mammoth task of listing all those extra handmade cards I have been making.

This weekend I was busy crafting lots of new cards for Father's Day, which this year is on Sunday 20th June.

For this first card I started with a golden octagon card and mounted a diamond argyle patterned paper in different shades of blue. I then used a Jolly Nation stamp of a man swinging his golf club and coloured this in with Whispers pens in matching blue and orange tones. I mounted this on a darker orange card and fixed this at an angle with a stamped message of Happy Father's Day in a metallic light blue ink mounted on the same diamond patterned paper. I then used 3d foam pads to raise this above the stamped image.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Bex is back :)

    I have missed you. I too have not made loads of cards recently, that's the down side to working I guess.

    Just had a peek at your website and it looks really good.

    Hope to see you blogging more often now.

    Love and best wishes

    Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete