Thursday 2 April 2009

365 Cards: Day 33

The challenge of the day: White Space, this had the restriction of only using the top or bottom third of a white card. When I first saw this I thought great, I like creating crisp, clean designs. Then when it came down to it, I found I really wanted to add extra ribbon and glitter and all sorts of wonderful embellishments. So I was restrained, and this is what I came up with.

This is a smaller card (A6) and I used turquoise peel off sentiments to create an anchor for the card and used the same style of peel-offs on silver mirror card Then I cut these out and used 3d foam pads to give it some depth.

8 comments:

  1. cute cute card! Those are some cute embellishments! Thanks for playing today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stickers that anchor the card, it is a great card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job..I know sometimes it is sooo hard to not glitter up a card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job on this white space card. I have a heck of a time not covering up every inch....lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card. I like the stamping across the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple and sweet I like it. I also know what you mean about wanting to put more on the card. When I get carried away by dd is like..um... Mom...uh...enough already...he he.

    Debbie Stelton

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY cute!! Hold back girl....hold back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!! Love it! It can definitely be hard to put the glitter/ribbons down and go with the simple look! But you really nailed this one! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete